Lucina Boldi (2nd from right) at Darlinghurst Supreme court for the trial of Ryan David Evans who has pleaded not guilty of murdering her partner Keith Cini in May 2014. Sydney, NSW. 10th May, 2017. Photo: Kate Geraghty Photo: Kate GeraghtyWARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES
The partner of a pig farmer bashed to death in their Badgerys Creek home has described how she “played dead” so a masked intruder would stop hitting her.
Lucina Boldi told the NSW Supreme Court on Wednesday how she was woken in the early hours of May 30, 2014, by her de facto husband Keith Cini calling out her nickname, “Luce”.
She turned on the light and opened her bedroom door and saw two men dressed in dark clothing and with their faces covered standing with Mr Cini outside his bedroom door.
As one of the men turned towards her, she went back inside her bedroom.
“I put my back to the door trying to hold the person out but I wasn’t strong enough,” she told the court.
“The door got pushed and I was pushed in and I think I got hit in the head and the person kept hitting me and I put my arms up to protect my face.”
She fell to the ground and asked her attacker to stop, but he didn’t.
Senior Crown prosecutor Christopher Maxwell, QC, said, “Was there a point when he stopped?”
“When he thought I was dead,” she said.
“What did you do to make him think that?” Mr Maxwell asked.
“I didn’t move,” she replied.
Ms Boldi said she then heard one of the men say, “That’s enough, Brian.”
She continued to play dead while she heard smashing sounds and a voice saying, “Here it is.”
One of the men then returned and kicked her on the leg.
About 10 minutes later, she went and found Mr Cini lying on the floor, unconscious. She called triple zero.
Ryan David Evans, 28, is charged with murder in connection with the death of Mr Cini and with wounding with intent to murder Ms Boldi.
She suffered fractures to her arm and hand. She has a steel plate in her arm and cannot close her hand. She also had 50 stitches to her head.
Mr Cini was a pig farmer who would deliver pigs to restaurants in his trucks. He would keep the days’ cash takings in two safes in his home office.
Mr Evans allegedly once worked for him.
Mr Evans has pleaded not guilty to a total of seven charges related to the home invasion and another that occurred a month earlier in Medway, in the NSW Southern Highlands.
In that incident, Mr Evans allegedly attacked Brett Delamont??? with a pick handle in the early hours of April 28, 2014.
On Tuesday, Mr Delamont’s wife Alana Bush told the court she woke up to find two masked men in her bedroom, with her husband, suffering an injured and bloodied head, convulsing beside her.
One man yelled at her to stop screaming, saying, “Shut up, or I’ll hit him again” before he lunged and hit across the bed where her husband was lying.
Asked who else was in the house, Ms Bush eventually told him her daughter, Kirby Delamont, and her boyfriend both were.
Ms Bush said when the intruder replied “Nobody’s going to get hurt” she gestured towards her bleeding and convulsing husband and said: “He’s going to die.”
The couple’s hands and legs were tied and, as a pillowcase was put over her head, Ms Bush begged: “Please don’t kill us.”
The first intruder left while the other man stayed.
“I asked him to stop the crazy guy going into my daughter’s bedroom,” Ms Bush said.
When the second man said nobody was going to get hurt, Ms Bush stated: “Look at the hole in his [her husband’s] head.”
“We need help … he is bleeding, he is shaking, he is going to die.”
The man later told her: “This is not personal, it’s random.”
Ms Delamont said she woke to hear her mother screaming.
Two masked figures appeared at the bottom of her bed, one holding a pole-like weapon and the other a light.
“Their faces weren’t visible, they were covered by something,” she said.
One man yelled at her and her boyfriend to “get under the covers” before their wrists and legs were tied and he said: “I will be softer on you, sweetie.”
The Crown alleges Mr Evans and two other men were involved in the Medway invasion, one of whom had previous contact with the family and knew the house layout.
Mr Delamont was left with severe brain damage and $8000 in cash was stolen from the home.
The trial, which began before Justice Robert Allan Hulme on Monday is expected to go for 20 days.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.